Sunday, September 20, 2009

Auto-
graphs:
Celebs
and Pens

Once up-
on a time,
I liked to
ask celeb-
rities for
their au-
tographs.
That time ended long ago, coinciding with an increase in the
number of interviews I've conducted with various entertainment
figures over the years (it seems more appropriate to ask a celeb
for their signature if you purchased a ticket to their film and/or
performance than during the course of a publicist-arranged con-
versation). Here are a few of my favorites, with more to come.

***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** *****

Former label guy Glenn Boothe secured Arthur Lee's autograph
for me when the musician played NYC (sometime in the late-'80s,
early-'90s). There's a reason I named my blog AndMoreAgain...


















Remember when Wire changed the line-up and dropped the "e"? I do.

















While he was in town with James Ellroy, who signed my copy of
My Dark Places, Curtis Hanson signed my copy of this CD sound-
track—in silver pen, no less. Then he told me I paid too much for it.



Endnote: Cross-posted at Facebook.

No comments: