Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I Am Trini Alvarado

Do you remember Trini Alvarado? She's third from the right in this poster for 1994's Little Women. Some movie mavens may also recall her from the new wave-saturated Times Square (1980) and Peter Jackson's The Frighteners (1996). Well, I'm not really Alvarado and I don't look much like her, but I do look like this image.

In case you've ever wondered why my picture on this site is represented by a portrait of Barbara Stanwyck, circa Double Indemnity (1944), the answer is because: 1) I love Ms. Stanwyck, and 2) I don't currently have access to a scanner, so I'm unable to post a snapshot of the real me...but I will someday, I swear.

That said, just as I don't look much like the non-posterized Alvarado, I really don't look Stanwyck. (Then again, who does?) But now you know what I do look like. I've also been told I resemble Mary Louise Parker and Elizabeth Perkins--both currently starring in Weeds--but I would beg to differ.







Endnote: Poster/DVD cover image from Wikipedia. After disappearing from the scene for awhile, Alvarado makes a reappearance in Todd Field's Little Children (2006).

No comments: