Friday, October 27, 2006

Reason #486 to Love Gnarls Barkley

I'm listening to the record as I type. I didn't plan it that way, but it's the most addictive concoction of the year. Come to think of it, I should probably stop singing its praises. Like me, you may have a hard time extracting it from your player, so as to give something else a chance. Or maybe not. Maybe Danger and Cee-Lo, as Wayne and Garth [right], already have enough fans. After all, they pulled "Crazy" from the UK after they figured it had sufficiently penetrated the British psyche. When's the last time a band made a move designed to curtail sales? It doesn't happen, and it's not as if the song was controversial. Just overplayed. And it isn't even the strongest track on St. Elsewhere. So, what is? I dunno. My opinion changes daily. For now, it's "Who Cares"...



Note: Image from the Gnarls Barkley MySpace Page, video from YouTube. Props to Mario Van Peebles, who could've camped his way through this Blaxploitation-tinged Hammer Horror, but instead invests his Vamp with a little--dare I say it--humanity.

No comments: