Thursday, July 27, 2006

Portrait of Marisa Monte

I'm posting this pretty, yet pensive image here as Blue Note was kind enough to send it to me and because I wasn't able to attach it to my previous posts about the Brazilian singer.

I'm not sure why, but for the past few months, it's gotten harder and harder to add pictures to my posts (I can't tell if it's the program or the pictures). In any case, it usually takes a few tries before I can get one to stick. Consequently, I haven't been able to use some of my favorite images. Like this one. So, I figured I'd create a new post and try it again. Voila--it worked!

While I'm at it, if you missed my ramblings on Universo Ao Meu Redor and Infinito Particular, please click here and here. (Both CDs are still set to be released on 9/12.) Unfortunately, Monte's American dates have since been announced and they don't include Seattle. With Bumbershoot (9/2-4) just around the corner, she would've been an ideal addition.

Since Seu Jorge, who I caught in concert last month (it was the reinvigorated Os Mutantes last night), co-wrote a couple of the songs on Infinito, I'm adding this strikingly sexy-surly image of him that I've been saving for just such an occasion. Enjoy!

Note: Monte image courtesy Metro Blue/Blue Note. Jorge image from his official website. For more information on Monte, please click here and for Jorge, click here. Also, his latest film, Andrucha Waddington's House of Sand, opens at Seattle's Metro on 8/25.

No comments: