Saturday, July 12, 2008

State
of Play

Every few
months,
I check
Google
to see
where
my re-
views
(and oth-
er pieces)
are ending up. Here are some of the more interesting results.

Bibliochat
Amazon review of Born Into Brothels

Bohemian Aesthetic:
Amazon review of Sara Bareilles - Little Voice

Mininova:
Amazon review of David Ford - I Sincerely
Apologize for All the Trouble I've Caused


[I also reviewed his new disc for KEXP; it's pretty similar.]

Out and About Vancouver:
Amazon review of No Country for Old Men

Running Rooster:
Amazon review of H.R. Pufnstuf

Salt Lake Public Library:
Amazon review of State of Play

[Soon to be a major mo-
tion picture...that will not
surpass the miniseries.]


Seattle Film and Music Office:
Kathy Fennessy at Siffblog recently had the opportunity to visit the set of Lynn Shelton's new feature Humpday, which stars Joshua Leonard (The Blair Witch Project) and Mark Duplass (co-director of Baghead) in a story of "male bonding taken too far."

Stupid and Contagious:
Amazon review of the Kills - No Wow

Style Wars:
Amazon review of Style Wars

Sylvia Juncosa:
AMG review of Various Artists - Away from the Pulsebeat



Endnote: GreenCine Daily linked to my pieces on Funny Games,
David Gordon Green, and Hal Ashby, while Prost Amerika cross-
posted my reviews of La Chinoise, Shotgun Stories, and The
Saga of Anatahan and my Sound interview with Alexis Ferris.

The NWFF also linked to my Ashby tribute, my Humpday
report
, and my Shotgun Stories review. Also, click here
for a photo from a NWFF panel ("Critics Critiqued") in
which Jay Kuehner, Charles Mudede, and I participated.

Images from The Medium Is Not Enough (John Simm,
State of Play) and Digital Entertainment News (Simm
as the reporter; David Morrissey as the politician).

No comments: